How to Choose MBA Thesis Topics in Human Resources Management
Understanding the field of Human Resources Management is important in making a decision on what to include when choosing appropriate MBA thesis topics in human resources management and writing an MBA dissertation. It is important to understand that the history of human resources is relatively short-lived, as it was not until the 1960s that there was a need for such an area to exist. When the labor relations began to merit more volume than they had ever in the past, there was a need for motivational and selective groups to exist in the workplace.
At one time, the human resources areas, often referred to as Personnel Management, focused on recruitment and management of the employees in a company. Today this still holds true, but human resources management now encompasses much more as individuals in this field now consider labor laws, equal employment mandates, and overall employee morale into the daily job, among even more duties.
To the growing list of duties that individuals in human resources management carry, and thus to the list of HR thesis topics for an MBA, you can add the topics of compensation and benefits, training and staff development, and job marketing. At times, this can even carry over into topics relating more to an MBA thesis in marketing, thus making it quite difficult to narrow down the list of MBA thesis topics in human resources management available to choose from.
Writing an MBA Dissertation: HR Dissertation Topics for MBA
Writing an MBA dissertation on any of the HR dissertation topics for MBA is not a simple, spontaneous project one takes on with no prior planning and preparation. Choosing MBA thesis topics in human resources management is one of the first, if not the first, steps to writing a well-executed thesis. HR topics for MBA writing do not fall into a small category or a short list. Topics can range from labor laws to evaluating applicants and job marketing. Any of these topics will call for significant and original research and analysis, so choose your topic well so that you are committed to a topic you enjoy, can learn from, and that will make an impact. Once you have developed the HA dissertation topic for MBA that you want to research and discuss, you must look at how to structure your thesis so that you can be confident in how you are relaying your findings and to make sure that your MBA dissertation topic in human resources management will work well with the areas you will need to cover in the dissertation.
Structuring an MBA Dissertation Topic in Human Resources Management
No matter the MBA thesis topics in human resources management you have decided you wish to write about, all MBA dissertations in human resources management will likely follow a very similar structure, with some variation depending on the type of research being conducted and the findings of such research. It will be important to outline your topic before diving into writing your MBA thesis on marketing. This will ensure that you do not miss any important areas in the general structure, but will also help to organize your thoughts and information in such a way that allows your work to flow most effectively.
You can always change how you have organized your outline once you have begun the writing process with your MBA thesis topics in human resources management, but having that foundation to build upon is the starting point of putting forth your best possible work. The basic structure for all MBA dissertation topics in HRM would be as follows:
- Title Page
- Acknowledgments and Dedications
- Abstract or Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Literature Review and Background in Human Resources Management (as it relates to your topic)
- Results and Findings
- Discussion and Conclusion
- Recommendations (depending on your topic, this section could vary in how it is included in your work)
- References and/or bibliography
- Appendices (charts, graphs, and additional information so as to not to bulk up your written sections)
Common Mistakes in MBA Thesis Topics in Human Resources Management
It is important to have an idea of what could go wrong during the writing process no matter which of HR thesis topics for MBA you choose. While errors, mistakes, and general lapses are almost entirely inevitable, having been exposed to some of the most common mistakes that MBA dissertation writers make can help you to avoid these in your writing and lead you to make fewer overall mistakes in choosing MBA thesis topics in human resources management.
Grammar and format issues will always happen, but going through your work multiple times will help you to catch these mistakes up front before they are submitted for review. You will also want to keep in mind the following list so that you can be sure to avoid committing these common errors from the start:
- Missing pages: especially preliminary pages that come before the main body of work. Sometimes these are not necessarily completed before you begin writing the significant part of your thesis. Make sure you make a checklist of all the pages you need and go back through it to ensure you have not missed anything.
- Using the incorrect tense: often graduate programs require you to submit a proposal for your dissertation work. These are then commonly used as a basis for your dissertation writing, but are typically in the wrong tense and can convolute your paper if left that way.
- Having too long of an abstract or executive summary: these are typically kept around one page in length. Remember, this is to be a concise summary of the main points of your work – you do not need to outline your dissertation in its entirety, the remainder of the paper is for that!
- Plagiarism: perhaps the most important and most consequential of the mistakes writers can make is plagiarism. While most people think of plagiarism as verbatim copying, it can also mean not properly citing academic sources and following through with any protocols necessary when using someone else’s work to guide your own.
- Grammar, format, jargon, etc.: you will want to make sure you have gone through your paper several times to alleviate any “simple” mistakes you could be making. It is recommended by research and writing experts that you go through your paper in steps and take long breaks between reviews so that you are looking at everything from a fresh perspective each time. You may even want a colleague to review parts of your work that they would be familiar with so that they can provide insight as well.
Writing your MBA Dissertation
Once you have completed your work, you will want to review it to catch any glaringly obvious issues, along with minor problems you simply overlooked at first. You will want to focus primarily on checking your facts and your actual work that the writing is based on. No one else can truly give you an accurate review of this portion since this consists of the work you put into the project and the facts and conclusions you were able to draw from the information you gathered.
After having looked at your work so many times, you are bound to miss some of the minor grammatical and simple format issues that so many of us run into when writing something of this caliber. This is where we come in once again! We offer MBA dissertation writing services that include proofreading and editing services and help with MBA thesis topics in human resources management.
We will go through your writing to catch all of those small and easy-to-overlook errors as well as ensuring the workflows and meets structural requirements. By returning and choosing our business dissertation writer to help you proofread your work, you will benefit by knowing that a reliable service can address and fine-tune details you may have missed. Here are just a few more reasons you should utilize the additional services we have to offer you:
- You will have an additional group looking over your work so that you can be sure that you have put forth your best work for review when submitting your dissertation.
- We helped to give you some background on human resources thesis topics for an MBA, so we have the knowledge to back up our review of your work!